At the beginning of COVID-19, I started writing a daily gratitude list for a class assignment. My first entry was on March 24, 2020 and is listed below:
- Having my mom and daughter under one roof
- My family and loved ones
- I’m able to work from home without much fear of being laid off
- My co-worker Sharice
- My friends. We support each other, pray for each other and make each other laugh
This gratitude list is still relevant today. As we enter back into this familiar territory with our statewide freeze, it has been helpful for me to remember what is important.
I let gratitude be the foundation of my prayer life. Here are some scriptures and thoughts that have been helpful for me.
- Scripture: “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever.”-Psalms 107:1
- Prayer: “I make the decision today to put aside complaining, being thankful in prayer instead.” (Power of being Thankful Devotional by Joyce Meyer)
- Declaration: This too shall pass, but in the meantime, I will continue to count my blessings.
One thought on “Attitude of Gratitude”
Thank you for sharing much needed, I miss seeing my kids, but it is the right thing to do, I am thankful for my job, I go to work and home, be safe my friends.